Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add a material to V-Ray Asset Browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a material to V-Ray Asset Browser?

The only way I can get it done is;
    -Open the .mat with the material editor
    -Add the material to the library
    -Save the library
    -Restart max
    -It now appears in the Asset Browser.

What this doesn't do is generate the proper preview. Can anyone tell me what the correct way is / how I can fix this?
    Also, Can you add your own library to the browser this way?

The answer was in the Webinar and the link provided there; https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...fresher-script

Comment

The script is in a pinned thread.
      Ensure you get the one *without* added options, as that's the only one that will render the samples exactly as you see them in the library.
      Use the experimental one if you feel adventurous and with a wish for bug reporting.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yeah sorry I didn't look in that section when searching for related threads. I've tried it and it works great. I did have some mentions and I'll add them to that topic.

Thanks!

Comment

I've adjusted that thread (the bug in vBullettin has since been sorted), so it should be easier to get to the right script/scene version from the first post alone.
          I'll be eagerly waiting for your feedback!
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X