VRay 5 Asset Browser Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 5 Asset Browser Blank

I couldnt install this with the VRay installer since I wanted to install it on a mapped network drive.

So I used this installer instead:
    C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2021\bin\mtllib.exe

It downloaded everything and I can see it in the path where it downloaded and I can see the path added in Max in Project Paths, External Files

However, on the VRay toolbar when I click on the 4 balls to launch asset browser, it launches, but its blank

Kind Regards,
    Morne

hey Morne,

Generally the downloader sets the new path in the registry at the end of the download, so that the browser knows where the library is. The key is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chaos Group\V-Ray Material Library" there should be a REG_SZ property "Download Path" pointing to the library root. You can move the library and set the property to the new path. Also you'll have to change the path in External Files.
    Check where the key is pointing now on the machine and change the path to your network locations if needed.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Alex sorted me via email thanks

Basically I had to run the mtllib as cmd line with the tag of the path. That seems to have sorted it

Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the update.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Some more info for those that are still struggling to install and get it going to a server

1) During V-Ray Install, untick library
          2) In this folder is the file you need: "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2021\bin" (or similar depending on your Max version)
          3) From a command prompt, run this: mtllib.exe -targetDir="\\server\libpath"

In my case I ran number 3 twice for experimentation. I 1st ran it with a UNC path to my server, then checked in Max if it worked and it did. Then I closed max and ran the command again, this time pointing to same location, but using mapped drive path. I opened Max again and checked and it worked again.
          BUT, now I had 2 paths in my project folder added which basically pointed to the same thing, so I just removed the one using UNC paths.

Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X