Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySky in VrayDome light

Hi.
    I found bug when using VraySky in VrayDome light not in Enveronment slot. Whe VraySky plugged in Enveronment Map with sun Invisible "off" I see sun on sky, when it plugged in Dome light sun disappear. Please check screenshot attached
    Attached Files

I see we have a task in our system about this limitation / VMAX-3495 / right now, will post here when we have any progress on it.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This had been driving me mad very recently.
      I couldn't figure out for the life of me why i wasn't seeing the sun disk, no matter the size.

A fix is actually coming (I heard from a safe source.), but in the while, a workaround is available.

To get both the sun disk, and the Dome light qualities, you want to instance the sky map in the background, turn the GI environment to black (render settings) so to avoid double GI influence, and set the dome to invisible.
      The map in the background will, as such, only work with the camera (and reflections/refractions), showing the sun disk, while the instance of it in the dome will provide for quick GI.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

may i ask what is the advantage to plug the vraysky into the vray dome??
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Importance sampling, plus the adaptive domelight.
          In short, much much quicker and cleaner renders.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

ok no idea how i missed that
            thanks!
            Martin
            http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              This had been driving me mad very recently.
              I couldn't figure out for the life of me why i wasn't seeing the sun disk, no matter the size.

A fix is actually coming (I heard from a safe source.), but in the while, a workaround is available.

To get both the sun disk, and the Dome light qualities, you want to instance the sky map in the background, turn the GI environment to black (render settings) so to avoid double GI influence, and set the dome to invisible.
              The map in the background will, as such, only work with the camera (and reflections/refractions), showing the sun disk, while the instance of it in the dome will provide for quick GI.
              good trick BTW. I hope it will be fixed soon

Comment

I wrote "reflections/Refractions, but i was wrong, i think.
                I'd assume those would be picked up from the dome (unless instructed otherwise).
                Test it out, to avoid surprises!
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                X