Broken network stable builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken network stable builds

Tried to install a stable build on our render farm that an important bug fixed, however rendering any job gives this error on deadline:

After installing this update, i can't uninstall Vray and i have to manually delete the chaosgroup 3dsmax folder and re-install and older version.

How can i fix this?

Seems to be working fine with the mentioned build from what I tested. What version of Deadline are you using? Does this happen with a particular scene?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I figured out it had to do with the quiet installation, did you guys change something in that regard?

Manually installing fixed the issue, problem is i had to do it in dozens of machines.

Here's the config.xml

<DefValues>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_AUTH" DataType="value">0</Value>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_PASSWORD" DataType="value"></Value>
      <Value Name="SHORTCUTS" DataType="value">1</Value>
      <Value Name="SKIP_FINISH" DataType="value">0</Value>
      <Value Name="EXECUTABLEDIR" DataType="value">C:\\Users\\master\\AppData\\Roami ng\\Chaos Group\\Cloud\\Client\\ccloud.exe</Value>
      <Value Name="STDROOT" DataType="value">C:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\C haos Group\Cloud\Client</Value>
      <Value Name="DOCS" DataType="value">1</Value>
      <Value Name="AUTO_DETECT_PROXY" DataType="value">1</Value>
      <Value Name="STARTMENUPROG" DataType="value">C:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\M icrosoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs</Value>
      <Value Name="REVERT_UNINSTALL" DataType="value">0</Value>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_ADDRESS_AND_PORT" DataType="value"></Value>
      <Value Name="REVERT_INSTALL" DataType="value">1</Value>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_ADDRESS" DataType="value"></Value>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_PORT" DataType="value"></Value>
      <Value Name="SAMPLES" DataType="value">1</Value>
      <Value Name="PROXY_SERVER_USER" DataType="value"></Value>
      </DefValues>

Comment

We do not guarantee compatibility between config files from different versions.
        Otherwise, the silent installation setup should be as follows:

1. Install V-Ray on one machine with "gui=0"
        2. A config.xml file will be created on installation end
        3. Use the config.xml file to silently install V-Ray on the other machines

Comment

The issue seems to appear when the "STDROOT" is different than the default location (C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2020) when installing silently and using network rendering. It seems V-Ray searches the default location rather than the one assigned on install. What stable build did you make it function with the posted .xml? Otherwise, I've logged it as an issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-10229) for developer analysis.

Comment

The last stable build that worked with this config.xml was 50003_max2020 dating from 18/06/2020.

When i can i'll have a go at changing the STDROOT to what you said and see if it works.

Comment

Update, had to upgrade to a new version, did a new config file from scratch and when deploying it gave the same error. Then I edited the STDROOT as you said and it worked. So something is broken on the installer when doing the .xml for the first time.

Comment

Working...
              X