No announcement yet.

Vray help HTML: PNG files and Firefox.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray help HTML: PNG files and Firefox.

Is anyone else havign this issue? Everytime I try to view a PNG file link from the Vray Help file using firefox, it comes out as garbled text, and not as an image...

This may be an issue with the way I have firfox setup (nothing special), but I am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

PS... I also want to note, that I can see png images on other webpages. Which is what makes it even more confusing.

Yeah, I'm getting this one too. Peter says it's because of some setup on the web server that needs to be changed...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It usually works if you right-click and "save target as..."

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Vlado, nice avator you have!
        Is vray working nicely in 64?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02
          Vlado, nice avator you have!
          Is vray working nicely in 64?
          Hehe, I will post more on this later...

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Any update on the png viewing issue... its really starting to give me the whoops. Saving countless images is getting a bit tedious

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Copied From a website:

AddType directive
              Syntax: AddType MIME-type extension [extension] ...
              Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess
              Override: FileInfo
              Module: mod_mime

The AddType directive maps the given filename extensions onto the specified content type. MIME-type is the MIME type to use for filenames containing extension. This mapping is added to any already in force, overriding any mappings that already exist for the same extension. This directive can be used to add mappings not listed in the MIME types file (see the TypesConfig directive). Example:

AddType image/png .png

It is recommended that new MIME types be added using the AddType directive rather than changing the TypesConfig file.

Note that, unlike the NCSA httpd, this directive cannot be used to set the type of particular files.

The extension argument is case-insensitive, and can be specified with or without a leading dot.

http://www.kplug.org/apache_tutorial.../mod_mime.html

This is of course for a linux/apache server, I assume thats what you guys are running. Most phpbb forums run on linux/apache

Comment

I would suggest using IE as does 99.9% of the world....

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by marco

Marco
                  no way. IE blows compared to firefox (imo)

Comment

at least it doesn't have this PNG file link issue mentioned above...

Comment

its not a firefox problem persay - its an error in the webserver's mimetype declarations

Comment

Marco
                        I think that's the first recommendation of IE over FF I have ever seen!

Native PNG support is convenient, but does not rank over viruses, popups and memory hogging in my book.
                        sigpic
                        J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                        http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                        https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

This is the only server I've seen with this PNG problem - like I said, its a problem with the server declaring mimetypes improperly. IE has worse support of PNG than Firefox...IE doesn't support PNG alpha channel. Just last week, IE dropped beneath 90% market share because of Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                            This is the only server I've seen with this PNG problem - like I said, its a problem with the server declaring mimetypes improperly. IE has worse support of PNG than Firefox...IE doesn't support PNG alpha channel. Just last week, IE dropped beneath 90% market share because of Firefox.
                            and the only reason IE has 90% is that Colleges/schools and a lot of home users still use IE becuase it comes with windows. Make people decided on DL'ing IE and FF, I bet you will see a huge change in the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by travistlo
                              Originally posted by Dynedain
                              and the only reason IE has 90% is that Colleges/schools and a lot of home users still use IE becuase it comes with windows. Make people decided on DL'ing IE and FF, I bet you will see a huge change in the numbers.
                              Good piont travistlo

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                              X