Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayStereoscopic Helper Eye Distance does not render animated parameter. VRay5 HotFix2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayStereoscopic Helper Eye Distance does not render animated parameter. VRay5 HotFix2

VRayStereoscopic Helper Eye Distance does not render animated parameter.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a scene with objects close and far to a free camera pointed forward that will produce a good depth effects in stereo.
    2. add a VRay Stereoscopic Obj and animate the eye distance param over ten frames from 6.5 to zero. Set to top / bottom
    3. render the frames as a sequence and notice that there is no change in eye distance.
    4. render the frames one by one by moving the time slider to the frame and notice that there is a change in eye distance.

It appears that when rendering a sequence of frames the eye distance para is not updating to the animated value.

Andy Murdock

Hello,

Thank you for pointing that out. Indeed, the animated helper's parameters are not considered in a render sequence. I've made a note for our developers to look into (internal bug tracker ID: VMAX-10292).

Best regards,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Has this defect been addressed yet? I have a really big project coming up that relies on this one parameter to work. I'm making a VR version of this animation I did a few years ago and the Eye Distance must animate correctly.
      https://youtu.be/XyB1ZYbYxqI

Thanks for you help.
      Andy Murdock

Comment

Hi Andy, I'm afraid this is not yet resolved. It appears to be working as expected in V-Ray Next, so I will bump its priority additionally. We'll let you know when there are updates on the matter.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Just to let you know that this has been resolved and the fix is available for download with the stable nightlies here.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X