Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 5 VFB not saving layer tree adjustments to .exr

Hi All,

I encountered a problem in my workflow. When rendering and adjusting an image in the V-Ray 5 VFB it does not save my color balance/exposure/hue/curves adjustments to .exr.
    I save the .exr by saving all image channels to a single file. In previous versions of V-Ray this just worked fine.

Yesterday I tried the following workaround, but which I cannot reproduce at this time:
    First I saved out my rendered image to a .vrimg file. After that I cleared all channels in the VFB and reloaded the .vrimg file (it's not saving any layer presets in the .vrimg. anymore?). I also reloaded the layer tree preset and saved the image to an .exr (all channels to single file).
    When I open this in Photoshop using the EXR-io plugin (with standard settings) it just shows the layers without all the VFB adjustments. As mentioned, I cannot reproduce this anymore, is there anything I am missing here? I know it could work because it already did ..

Thanks for any pointers!

Greetings, Jakob.

Hi Pixual

VFB2 should be able to bake color corrections into .exr files. Please do forward some screenshots or recordings that illustrate your issue so we can have a look.
    In regards to the .vrimg output, by default it should save the raw image data. However, if you wish, you can load a .vfbl preset and it should also be displayed (or saved as .exr afterwards, as you've described).
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

I guess I found out what was going on myself. The display correction was set to 'none' instead of the 2.2 gamma value and I did my layer corrections according to this. A gamma correction in Photoshop of 0,4545 (1/2.2) did the trick for now.
      Thanks for getting back to me though!

Greetings, Jakob.

Comment

Working...
      X