progressive CPU DR render hangs at pass 0 .. vray5 hotfix 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• progressive CPU DR render hangs at pass 0 .. vray5 hotfix 2

Hi all , i have several problems with Vray 5 + hotfix 2 max 2020. This is my second project fully build in vray 5 and it is not going well.
    Rendering is slower in general , progressive rendering hangs at pass 0 for 5 minutes if i use distributed rendering. I am using bucket but i find it very problematic ... I have vray material library locally for each slave but it is not recognised ... assets are being transferred. In general performance sucks. I have 120 cores in total intel e5 v4 and i get renders that need 10- 15 minutes with 240 threads ... vray next was much much faster. It is a heavy scene with loads of transparencies but vray next was crunching these.

I get gpu crashes and some weird messages that i render region ... while i don't. Is it related with the 50% button in VFB how do you deactivate that ?. After these messages my gpu is crashing ... i am on a titan X . I was having a crash per two weeks with next and i am having 3 crashes per day with vray 5.

I am not sure what causes the crash of the progressive render there is no message on the console at all.

It is a bit of a mess.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    164 core mini rendering farm - RTX 3090
    All with 128GB ram
    Windows 11

3ds Max 2024 - vray - phoenix - forest pack

Ok the progressive rendering works with transferring missing assets on ... Could you add a message or something for this ?Could you possibly make sure that there is a global variable with the location of the vray material library in each slave.
    All with 128GB ram
    Windows 11

Comment

Hmm still DR progressive rendering hangs from time to time ... IF i sent it a couple of times it goes through. These are the messages from a render that stopped completely ... After that i sent it again and it went through. I have restart servers on , transfer missing assets ...
      Attached Files
      All with 128GB ram
      Windows 11

Comment

Working...
      X