Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The material is not displayed correctly in the V-Ray Asset Browser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The material is not displayed correctly in the V-Ray Asset Browser.

The material is not displayed correctly in the V-Ray Asset Browser.I restarted my PC, re-run mtllib.exe and reinstalled it, but no improvement. Please help me.Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	2970
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1084167

Hi yuri_fukuda,

Make sure that 3ds Max knows where to look for the library assets. In Customize > Configure Project Paths > External Files add the V-Ray Material Library folder. Moreover, the path to the directory should contain only Latin symbols.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I am having the same issue. I tried what you suggested nikoleta.garkova and it did not work. I am using 3D Studio Max 2022 and the latest update of V-Ray for it. I've tried a bunch of different things. What else could it be?

Comment

Hi PixelPerson81

You can try navigating yourself to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\V-Ray Material Library, find the id.txt file and delete it. After that, start the V-Ray Material Library Downloader from the Windows menu > V-Ray 5 for 3ds max 2022

If that doesn't work, try making a folder somewhere on a local drive (i.e., D:/), download the library there and add the path in 3ds max Customize > Configure Project Paths > External Files.

Comment

Thanks nikoleta.garkova for the response. I had already tried what you suggested from finding other threads online with people having the same issue as mine. I'm still getting the error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling V-Ray and the V-Ray library but still get the same issue. Is there anything else you would suggest? I have Corona installed as well and there are no issues with the material previews for that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Would it be possible to get in touch via our contact form so we can schedule a remote session and try to resolve this on the spot? Make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks!

Comment

This issue occurs when user have OneDrive backup enabled.

In the environment using OneDrive, the document folder will be "%username%\OneDrive\Documents", and V-Ray Material Libraly will be saved in the document folder in OneDrive.
              And 3ds Max's V-Ray Material Libraly browser cannot display thumbnails in One Dirive.

The solution is to remove "OneDrive" from the Download Path entry in "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chaos Group\V-Ray Material Library" in the Registry Editor. (Move the library to this path and add the path in 3ds max Customize > Configure Project Paths > External Files. )

I wish The V-Ray Material Libraly browser must support "%username%\OneDrive\Documents".
              Last edited by flat; 27-04-2021, 11:38 PM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
              oakcorp.net
              v-ray.jp

Comment

Thank you flat and nikoleta.garkova. I will get in touch via the contact form. flat I had searched online and seen similar explanations for why this issue might be happening. The folder is actually not in my OneDrive but on the actual computer. I have also tried installing it (as per Nikoleta's suggestion) directly on my desktop and the issue persists. I am at a loss for why this is happening.
                Last edited by PixelPerson81; 03-05-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X