2 Sided Material and Matte (VrayMtlwrapper) incompatibble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Sided Material and Matte (VrayMtlwrapper) incompatibble

Is there a way to render a 2 sided material where one side is a matte material and one is regular? As soon as I check "Matte surface" it breaks both sides of the vray2sidedmtl.
    Gavin Greenwalt
    im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
    Straightface Studios

hi im.thatoneguy

Can you elaborate a bit more on what are you trying to achieve?

Keep in mind that VRay2sidedMaterial is allowing to see light on the backside of objects. When you add matte properties from the VRayMtlWrapper, you are essentially turning it into a matte material - it will not be directly visible and its background color is shown instead, hence appearing 'broken' on the 2sided material.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I'm having the pages of a book turn but I want one side of a page to be paper and the other side to reveal the background. So one solid side and one matte side. I set translucency to 0 so no light should be allowed through. Both sides should be solid.

Pretty much I just want a shader that's:

Code:
      (!Backfacing) ? Shader : Environment;
      Gavin Greenwalt
      im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
      Straightface Studios

Comment

The translucency value of VRay2SidedMaterial indeed controls how much of the back material is visible, however, combined with VRayMaterialWrapper's matte option, it will return no light (hence seeing the output render as black).
        To achieve what you want, you might try plugging a black V-Ray color map in the Opacity slot of either your back or front VRayMtl. Set the Translusency color to black - see the attached example.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X