Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag issues

Hi All,

I have started encountering this issue, where Vray causes a lag when i open "Render Setup" or the "material editor". Any parameter i change causes Max to freeze for for a good 15-30 seconds. All my material previews have gone black. Surprising that this issue didn't exist before and started in the past 2 weeks.

Tried the following solutions but had no luck,
    - I tried switching off the render material option. The material editor issue was fixed but with no material previews . The problem with the render setup still stays the same.

- I initially thought it was 3Ds Max issue, but tried uninstalling Vray and it fixed the issue. But no Vray . This made me conclude that this is caused due to vray not max.

I am running 3ds Max 2021 and Vray 5 Hotfix 2.
    i7 9th Gen,
    Nvidia 2070 RTX
    32Gb Ram
    Any help or suggestions will be great as this has caused tremendous delays in my work speed.

Thanks
    A

If you have a scene which reproduces the issue, or you can make a max minidump while it's happening, then we may be able to help.
    The description you give could be due to a number of different things, only some of which may be down to us (unfortunately, uninstalling isn't enough to rule out anything but V-Ray.).
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
      This issue has been generic and not due to any specific scene file. I will try upgrading my RTX drivers and see if my issues get resolved.

Thanks
      A

Comment

Working...
      X