Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slate MtlEdit: Composite Map doesn't update while IPR

Hi,

not sure if this is 3ds Max related or V-Ray but I found recently the native 3ds composite map doesn't update in the Slate Material Editor anymore when doing IPR. Once you stop the IPR the updates are shown again.
    So for example if adding new layers and textures in the composite they appear in the map view, also render correctly but don't show correctly in the node view. Once you stop the IPR the node view get's updated correctly.
    3ds Max 2021, latest SP, V-Ray 5 latest release from the official download section (hotfix 2)

Click image for larger version  Name:	ipr1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	292.7 KB ID:	1087130
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ipr2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.1 KB ID:	1087131

I'm pretty sure I didn't have this issue before. Let me know if it's something that has to do with 3ds Max then I would report it over in the Max Forum.
    Thx
    Attached Files
    Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

This appears to be happening when the thumbnail rendering is disabled in the Slate Material Editor (bottom-left button). Should have no issues with updating when IPR is running if you enable the thumbnail rendering. I've logged this into our internal bug-tracking system (ID number: VMAX - 10359) for further investigation.
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 07-10-2020, 09:33 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Awesome, like what you said: When enabling the thumbnail rendering it works like expected! Thx!
      Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Working...
      X