Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewport shift with IPR

Hello,

I have this strange issue when using IPR, the viewport render shifts slightly, you can see the original objected still selected in its correct position. At first I thought it was perhaps due to upgrading 3ds Max 2020 to 2021 but it still happens, not in every scene but most of them. Also it does not seem to matter if I have it perspective or camera view. Anyone else seen this happen? I am not sure if its 3ds Max, VRay or even hardware related but it doesn't happen on my other machine which happens to be 3ds Max 2020. Here is the 3ds Max file: IPR 01.zip

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-07 16.10.35.png Views:	0 Size:	503.6 KB ID:	1087212

Thanks,
    Last edited by ; 07-10-2020, 08:26 AM.

Thank you for the provided scene. I did not manage to reproduce the issue; there is some kind of combination trigger, I presume. Could you note the issue's reproduction and describe it here whenever it reappears?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Would it be a mismatch between the viewport and the renderer resolution?
      Does it go away if you have safe frames active in the viewport?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        Would it be a mismatch between the viewport and the renderer resolution?
        Does it go away if you have safe frames active in the viewport?
        Yes I was just about to mention this this morning. If I turn off safe frames, it renders the IPR correctly. It also doesn't appear to happen with brand new scenes, so far anyway. Only scenes that were created in a previous version of 3ds Max. Merging the file in to a new scene fixes it some times, but I haven't fully tested this as it may perhaps be related to whether I import the camera or not, or create a new one. But even then, going into perspective has the same issue. It is as if once the bug is there, there is nothing that will fix it no matter if using old camera, new camera or perspective mode. But coming out of safe frames does indeed fix it, but I cant see my correct render view then.

Comment

I managed to reproduce the issue. It is directly related to 3ds max 2021 update 2. We've already started working on a fix to be implemented in the upcoming V-Ray builds.

Comment

Ah great, that’s good to know. Thanks.

Comment

The fix is now implemented in the stable nightlies (build/30381).

Comment

Working...
              X