Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 2020 silent install removing Vray 5 2021 install and vice versa

Hi All

As per the title when trying to deploy Vray 5 (either a workstation or render node build where appropriate) for a particular version of Max it is removing Vray 5 for the other version of Max. This doesn't happen if I manually run advanced installs locally, but with 30 workstations and 12 render nodes to update I of course would prefer not to have do this manually. I've tried changing the SHOULDUNINSTALL value to 0 instead of the default 1, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I wouldn't expect this to anyway as I assume it's Vray for Max version specific, but just trying to rule things out.

I've triple checked the xml configuration files etc and can't see anything amiss. I've been deploying multiple versions in this way since vray 3.6 and this has not been an issue before. We use EMCO remote installer to do this. Command line to deploy the software is below:

"\\HD-FS1\Data\operations\ARTIST\IT\APPROVED SOFTWARE\ChaosGroup\Vray\2020\vray_adv_50005_max20 20_x64.exe" -gui=0 -configFile="\\hd-fs1\Data\operations\ARTIST\IT\APPROVED SOFTWARE\ChaosGroup\Vray\2020\config_2020_node.xml " -quiet=1
    "\\HD-FS1\Data\operations\ARTIST\IT\APPROVED SOFTWARE\ChaosGroup\Vray\2021\vray_adv_50005_max20 21_x64.exe" -gui=0 -configFile="\\hd-fs1\Data\operations\ARTIST\IT\APPROVED SOFTWARE\ChaosGroup\Vray\2021\config_vray_5_2021_r endernode.xml" -quiet=1

I've attached the xml files as referenced above.

Any help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hayes_davidson; 13-10-2020, 04:48 AM.

Thank you for the provided files. I did a few silent installs using your .xml configurations and it seems to work fine (with and without the third-party software mentioned). Have you tried installing V-Ray silently without the use of third-party software (the issue may lie in its settings)? Also, does it happen when installed on a few machines (say 5 for example)?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar. Thanks very much for the reply and testing out the installs. Good to know that I'm not going mad and had configured these correctly.

Thanks for pointing out that the fault could be with EMCO. I've used it so frequently and for so long that I hadn't considered this. I've now wrapped the installs into a cmd file that emco can push out which seems to be working as intended. Phew. Thanks for the help. Wouldn't have solved this, certainly not as quickly, without the prompt.

Will investigate further with EMCO as to why it's behaviour has changed.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X