Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent. Crashing scene when trying to render - "Unhandled exception: Scanning scene last marker...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent. Crashing scene when trying to render - "Unhandled exception: Scanning scene last marker...."

I have a scene that suddenly crashing when I try to render and I need to deliver the images tomorrow. The scene renders fine with Scanline so it looks like it's something to do with Vray, but I don't know what. I've tried pretty much everything at this point - resetting render settings, merging in a new scene, rendering without lights and materials, using the last stable Vray build instead of the nightly I used (because of some bug fixes I needed) etc. Attached below is the only error message I get. I also have the minidump file. Any help is appreciated as I have to deliver the renderings tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex_M; 15-10-2020, 11:04 AM.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Would it be possible to forward the scene to support@chaosgroup.com together with the dump file so we can have a look and test? You can also try to follow our troubleshooting guide on unhandled exception here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...hilerendering:
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply, Nikoleta. It's really appreciated. I've just send you an email with all the files. The ticket number is: 320-318-3010.
      Aleksandar Mitov
      www.renarvisuals.com
      office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
      64GB DDR5

Comment

Looks like a specific model is causing this (as you've suggested), make sure to collapse them all and the issue should be gone.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

That was indeed the case by the looks of it. We did this and so far everything seems to be working fine. Thanks again for the lightning fast reaction in the middle of the night no less! This is why we choose Vray.
          Aleksandar Mitov
          www.renarvisuals.com
          office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
          64GB DDR5

Comment

Working...
          X