Nvidia denoiser + background image in VFB causes image artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia denoiser + background image in VFB causes image artifacts

I've got a scene where using the Nvidia denoiser + background image in VFB causes image artifacts. Strangely, the artifacts don't appear right away, but 30-60 seconds into the rendering process after a few denoise iterations have already been calculated.

Screenshots below. 1st image is without Nvidia denoiser render element and the 2nd one is with an Nvidia denoiser render element added. Let me know if you need the scene file.

Click image for larger version  Name:	background_nvidia_denoiser_OFF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	1089380Click image for larger version  Name:	background_nvidia_denoiser_ON.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.0 KB ID:	1089381
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Hello,

Do they disappear if you turn off the background layer (the eye icon) ?

Other than that - it would help if you can send the scene and the background image.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Whoa, that was quick. Yes, the issue goes away if I turn off the background layer. Other thing I noticed is that it happens only when IPR reaches the Noise threshold limit set in render settings.

I've just sent the scene and image to support. Ticket number is 320-911-2637.
      Aleksandar Mitov
      www.renarvisuals.com
      office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
      AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
      64GB DDR5
      GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Working...
      X