Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INstalled vray, 3ds max wont start

Hello,

I have 3ds max 2019 and Vray 4.3. Ive been using it for awhile and now all of a sudden 3ds wont fully load - it locks up as soon as the 3ds max gui comes up and the vray floating toolbar appears. It then just hangs. Spinning hourglass and it never stops. If I uninstall vray, then 3ds max loads fine. Once I reinstall vray, the problem comes back and 3ds wont fully load.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled vray 4.3, 4.3.002 and now also vray 5. i have also updated 3ds max to 2019.3 In all case its the same. 3ds wont start with vray installed. i dont understand what has happened here but it appears to be some kind of configuration malfunction.

I have already deleted my 3ds max preference and let it create new ones. This has not helped.

Can anyone help with ow to fix this?

Can you generate a dump file when it hangs and we'll see if we can find some indication of what it might be. Please check the following article on How to Create Dump Files and forward it to support@chaosgroup.com (make sure to mention this thread in the email). Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Ok will do, thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X