vray 4 and 5 crash in render when using Pflow modifier as Shape instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 4 and 5 crash in render when using Pflow modifier as Shape instance

Hey guys i have an issue with vray 4 or 5 doesn't matter, crashing in render when using Shape instance in Pflow - anyone has any related issues or fixes for this?
    initially i used the geometry as a mesh by using its elements but it crashed, then i exploded the elements and still crashed, and then i created a simple tube and used that as instance and still crashed, it works totally fine with simple shape modifier from Pflow , but the instant i use instance shape it crashed in render.
    i'm using 3dsmax 2020 with the latest patch, windows up to date, all the latest visual C libraries.

Update,

it seems its working very well with simple vray material, but the moment i assign my proper shader, it crashes on light cache

Update 2,

it seems to crash from the use of normal map i have in the shader -it seems it does not matter the normal map i'm using, but it only seems to take effect only when used on the instanced geometry . This normal map is used on other shaders also but it seems to work fine.
    Last edited by andrei_lazar; 17-11-2020, 06:38 AM.
    https://www.behance.net/inafaracutiei

Thanks for the report, the issue is reproducible. I've logged the crash report (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-10474) for our developers to investigate. A possible workaround would be to bake the lighting (with the normal maps) for the instanced objects separately and later apply the baked maps without the normal maps.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X