Tonemapping issue with Vray 5 cpu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonemapping issue with Vray 5 cpu?

Friends! It's been a long time. I've missed you. I haven't stopped using V-Ray but I haven't posted in quite some time. I recently decided to try out VRay 5 to see if it'll help my workflow and business.

I'm having a small issue which appears to be tonemapping or something on my renders.

I'm using Max 2021, VRay 5 hotfix 2. I've tested with Max 2019 VRay 5 hotfix 2 and am seeing the same issue.

My max Gamma is set to 2.2. VRay settings are all defaults.

Renders look correct in VRay 5 GPU:

Click image for larger version  Name:	SNAG-1082.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	1092811

And this is the result I get when I use CPU, what tiny checkbox am I missing?

Click image for larger version  Name:	SNAG-1081.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.0 KB ID:	1092813

Appreciate the help,
    Colin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MoonDoggie; 19-11-2020, 03:41 PM.
    Colin Senner

The real culprit here might be max 2021, but I can't test, which from what I can tell is terrible, unstable, the usual. I went back and tested with Max 2019 as well, same issue.
    Last edited by MoonDoggie; 19-11-2020, 03:41 PM.
    Colin Senner

Comment

Here's a video showing the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rzN...ew?usp=sharing

Colin Senner

Comment

Figured it out, Logarithmic exposure control somehow got set in my environment settings, turning to to "<no exposure control>" fixes the issue, still unexpected behavior.
        Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
        X