Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayMultiSubTex 'Random by Element' not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMultiSubTex 'Random by Element' not working.

Trying to randomise some leaves on a tree that is already meshed. I also want to remove some of the leaves to thin it out.

In corona this would be done with opacity map in a random by element for this particular leaf material and then you could have black opacity maps randomly used to 'delete' leaves.

In VRay applying this method does nothing. It will only use 1 map and not do anything via elements. If you put the tree into FP and then use forest colour that works as well but VRays MultiSubTex just doesn't seem to function in the same way?

Hi TKT

Random by Element seems to be working fine on my end, can you elaborate more on your setup? Would it be possible to share a sample scene with Forest Color and what you want to achieve similarly with VRayMultiSubTex?
    Here is a visual example with VRayMultiSubTex's Random by Element enabled http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...4_13-36-44.gif

Let me know if I've misunderstood you in some way. Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
      Hi TKT

Random by Element seems to be working fine on my end, can you elaborate more on your setup? Would it be possible to share a sample scene with Forest Color and what you want to achieve similarly with VRayMultiSubTex?
      Here is a visual example with VRayMultiSubTex's Random by Element enabled http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...4_13-36-44.gif

Hi, so i tested same material on other objects and worked fine. Seems the problem is the trees are using VRay proxies and so the random element no longer works. Is this as intended or is there a way round this? The trees are growfx for animation at a later point but are currently using vray proxies for speed

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
        Hi TKT

is this how its intended to work with vray proxies?

Comment

Currently separate elements are not recognized when in VRayProxy. It's in the to-do list as VMAX-10447.

You can workaround it by importing them as meshes and use those as source for instancing.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X