Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated maps don't seem to work with Distributed Bucket Rendering

Hi all
    For some reason if I attempt to use an animated map in a material, other machines on my network will ignore it. The maps could be either an avi, mov or an IFL image sequence. The files are definitely in a network location the spawners can see, but the result is render buckets ignoring the map as seen in the background building façade. Any ideas? (I'm using Vray Next)
    Last edited by Bruce Hart; 24-11-2020, 07:43 AM.

Hi Bruce,

I've just made a DR test with IFL image sequence, but cannot observe any issues or buckets in the output. Are you sure the software versions are unified on all the machines? Is it happening only with animated maps?
    Would it be possible to share log files and a scene so we can have a look and test it in our environment? You can forward it to support@chaosgroup.com - make sure to mention this thread in the email along with exact V-Ray/3ds Max versions.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta
      thanks for the reply. To my knowledge the Vray versions are all the same yes. The issue only occurs with animated maps. I can send a stripped down version of the scene when I get the current job completed. Interestingly I tried a similar animation a couple of months ago at home. Same thing occurred - the DR node could render every map except the animated one, resulting in blank buckets. I figured there was something wrong with my home setup, but ran into the same problem at work.

Comment

Working...
      X