Glow seam in spherical 360 camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow seam in spherical 360 camera

Doing some 360 spherical panorama renders and wanted to use glow effect but there is a seam at the edge of render, like Vray is not wrapping effect on the other side. Any way to solve this problem please ?Click image for larger version

Name:	360Spherical-Glow_seam.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1093347

Workaround could be to change the camera target to be in the direction of the light hotspot. That way most "glow" will be in the center and away from any edges

Then in your pano software of choice, adjust the starting position of the pano back to where you want the initial looking direction to be.

I do agree its a bit of a pain though
    Last edited by Morne; 24-11-2020, 11:44 PM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks Morne. That's what I'm doing now via offsetting image in PS. Just wanted to confirm there hasn't been any new development on this

Comment

No response from the team? Looks like the post effects are not seam aware. Typical 360° image editor issue what can be fixed. For example Adobe Camera Raw had problems in the past and is seam aware now.

The next question is - are stereo pano free of this issue? Not that the left pano is bleeding in the right pano.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

This should be fixed for cubic 6x1 cameras, not sure if it has been done for the spherical camera. Will make a note to look into it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This actually works fine for me (see attachment) and our developers confirmed that it should be implemented. If you are having issues, can you post a scene?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            Attached Files
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I checked it here too now and it looks fine. First I have seen a little seam, but this was added by the viewer sView. Opened per PS and I can't see a seam at my test scene. zoranm, do you have a test scene?
              www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
              X