Slow Vray rendersettings dialog VS Corona dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Vray rendersettings dialog VS Corona dialog

This has been noted a few times already, but since using corona for a project I had to take over, I started noticing that the render dialog window takes almost 3-5 times longer with Vray as renderer than with Corona.

I read that this could be due to licensing and some people resolved this by having a dedicated server for this. But as I'm a one man show, I'm not really looking into having an extra machine running only for one license.

I'm currently using Max 2020, not looking forward to upgrading to 2021 yet, but I read that Autodesk might have tackled sluggish interface problems in 2021 (not sure if it applies to this particular problem though).

As this slow dialog has been an issue for a few years now, is this something that will be taken care of? How is the dialog of Corona this much faster? There's a lot less options in Corona than in Vray, but that couldn't be it, could it?
    Last edited by Vizioen; 26-11-2020, 04:53 AM.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Yes, it has been a pain for me too. Hitting the render setting and waiting 30 seconds each time not good.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The Corona developers did some hacks to speed up the Render Setup dialog; we have not gotten round to implementing those in V-Ray. Corona also has fewer settings than V-Ray and 3ds Max takes a bit of extra time for each parameter. If you are using any "Expert" or "Advanced" views of the V-Ray settings, does it help if you revert everything back to "Default"?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Opening up the render settings window takes exactly two seconds on our machines. Anything more than this would be considered an error in getting the license.
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Mine takes 30 seconds on default.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Same problem with me, i have 3dsmax in two screen , when i have to open vray setup render , it takes a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
            X