Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Ray Light issue

Hello;

I'm a newbye to V Ray but 15 years 3DS Max user.

I experiment a strange issue wiith V Ray. I'm reworking an animation i made with the classic 3DS Max lighting and scanline renderer.
    I want to switch it to V Ray to obtain better result. So i replaced my lights with V Ray sphere light, removed the old ones. The lighting is much classic one main light cast shadows, a bottom and back light with no shadows.

When i render it looks like there are no lights or something "killing" the lighting. I don't even have any shadows As i "played" with V Ray parameters i might have made an error somewhere but i can't find it.

Please find attached a zip file with a test scene and the V Ray log.

Thanks for your help and advise

Daniel
    Attached Files

You are using a color in the background, that is overriding the shadows cast by the lights. If you want to use that color in the background, you need to set the GI environment color to black at the same time.
    Also, the lights are a bit dim. In order to cast stronger shadows, raise their multiplier.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Not sure what you mean. The attached scene has both lighting and shadows. Could you clarify? Is this the result you're getting?
      Attached Files
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thaks Kosso you solved my issue.

Daniel

Comment

Kosso, i don't find where to set the GI environnement color

Comment

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...nment+Settings
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks Lele. I'm really a newby there lot of subtilities to learn with V Ray

Comment

Oh, i hear you.
                Especially coming from Scanline, it's quite the gap to fill, so don't lose morale if it's difficult: it's meant to be.
                The docs have a few samples, here and there, for the more convoluted things.
                Let us know if we should add more for specific sections!
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X