CPU utilization at 30% during render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU utilization at 30% during render

Is there a setting that would cause VRay to only use 30% +/- of the CPU?

A few months ago I put together an AMD 3970x system. Everything has seemed to be working. I've tried a few renders just to test it out and it seems to be working. I started a render of a scene I've been working on. The first frame was at 100% CPU utilization. By the 3rd from it dropped to around 30% CPU utilization. First frame was 5 min's. The most recent frame was 35 minutes.

Any ideas what would cause this? Shouldn't the CPU be running at 100%?

System AMD 3970x Threadripper, RTX 2070 Super, 128 gigs of ram.

About the highest temp I've seen was 61c.

The scene has a Forest pack system with static trees. I have 5 TyFlow systems for dynamic grass, some destruction and a few dynamic trees that get destroyed.

I tried running the VRay Benchmark. It ran the CPU at 100% through the whole test. CPU temp got up to 70c at the highest.

What should I look for? The last frame I rendered took almost 40 minutes at about 30% CPU. Something weird is going on.

Comment

Hi JeffG777,

Can you let me know if this is happening with a particular scene - and if so, could you please forward it to support (you can use the Support Contact Form) so we can have a look and investigate further? Make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if you guys had a chance to look at this? I emailed it earlier in the week as requested. I can't figure it out.

Comment

Hi JeffG777 - would it be possible to share the support ticket number so I can check (you should've received one by email)? Thanks!
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I just looked back. I don't think I received an email when I submitted it. I just re-submitted the ticket. 325-376-5109  
            Thanks!
            Jeff

Comment

Hi gang, I was just writing to follow up and see if you all were able to reproduce this issue.

325-376-5109

Comment

how can u solve that problem?

Comment

Working...
                X