vray camera target issue (bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray camera target issue (bug?)

After starting to use the Vray Physical Camera again I have noticed it no longer has a target.

No matter how I create the camera it has no target - the max physical camera works fine, im also used to going right click to select camera target quickly. When you click on target it doenst make one either. I suppose I could use the max camera but I prefer the Vray one.

Is this a feature? A bug ? or am I doing something wrong here?
    Attached Files

Which Version of VRay and MAX?
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Hi squintnic

I can't seem to reproduce this here. Tested with Max 2021 and V-Ray 5, hotfix 2, regardless if the camera is created from the V-Ray toolbar or from Create > Cameras panel. Would it be possible to describe in detail the steps you're taking so we can try and reproduce it? Does it happen in every scene? If not, would it be possible to attach the sample scene you're testing with?

Can you share the exact versions of V-Ray/3ds max used?

What if you reset your Max settings to their defaults and see if that helps fix the issue? Note that this will remove any custom 3ds max settings - you can make a backup and restore the file if needed:
      • Close any running 3ds Max sessions.
      • Navigate to the following path:
        C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\
      • Open the folder for the current installation: i.e. 2018 - 64bit.
      • Rename the ENU folder to ENU_old.
      With the launch of 3ds Max, a new ENU folder will be created automatically.
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,
        Im on max 2019 latest SP Vray 5 hotfix 2.

Ok so your suggestion of making a new cam via the toolbar works fine for new ones (but it makes them pointed down in middle of scene rather than click and drag) I cant get an existing camera to become a targeted one.

I dont wish to reset my custom settings at this time so i will remake the cameras for now or convert back to max cams

file with some cameras that cannot be converted to target, unsure what the issue i
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvnhljzyq4...st_00.max?dl=0

thyanks

Comment

Works just fine here. I simply checked/unchecked 'targeted' and they appear. I opened this in 21 btw, if it makes any difference.
          I can save the scene in another version if you want it back
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

cheers for checking
            i think ill have to upgrade, it seems to be all through this current project, needed an excuse to move to better viewports in 21!

Comment

Yeah the upgrade is worth it I would say.
              You can even try the retopo mod on those earbud parts now
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

haha true - dirty solid works meshes!
                i had avoided clean up so far as well but will certainly try it on next job

Comment

Working...
                X