Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max viewport tools blinks and Progressive IPR fails...Max displays license error and fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same results here: Without the driver no anomalies. I installed the older driver 3dconnexion provide on their WEB-site. This is Ver.10-6-4. This one doesnt work under MAX2021. So I think, they had to recode it for MAX2021 and that may be the cause for the issues. I will write to the support once more.
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Tech support has written me and asked a few questions. We've communicated a few times and I think they are looking at it. They acknowledged that they know the issue is occurring but they are having trouble reproducing it. If I learn anything I'll update here.

I believe you can get the 10.6.4 drivers to work in Max 2021. 3dconnexion used to take 6-months to release the updated drivers for Max and so I used to go to a previous installation of Max, grab all the files that were installed and drop them in the new version of Max. If I recall, it used to work pretty well. If you get a warning when Max loads and a script pops up, you may have to change a line of code so it points to the right directory. That happens sometimes when you borrow code and use it in a new version of Max.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
      -----------------------------------------
      Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Comment

3dconnexion just wrote me. They had a meeting today and this issue was discussed. They are looking at it and find that it's occurring for people like me with Geforce RTX cards. They asked if I could try a few specific things to help diagnose the issue. I'll try to do those today so we keep this rolling.
        V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD

Comment

I have a Quadro P4000 8GB Card. I also wrote some lines to the German support. As it is a German company I told them, they can also call me back. Let´s see, how we all together solve the problem
          May be that the Turing achitecture isn´t that far from the Pascal achitecture. Names of the GPUs are TU104-850-A1 and GP104-850-A1....

Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

New driver from NVIDIA Ver. 461.40 brings no help for the problems in 3dsMAX. While in AutoCAD 2021 some dialog windows opens much quicker. For example the measurment styles window comes up while cliccing. Before that it needed 3,5 sec (chronometer measurement). Also the hatch window is quicker on the screen.

Comment

I don't think it's an NVidia issue at all. I've been working with 3dconnexion techs and they have had me test a driver patch. It initially seems to correct the issue. I don't have enough info to tell you much more than they are working on it and if they provide me a patch that works 100%, I'll ask if I can share it with you. I can't do that without their permission. However, I'd expect that they would be eager to release it to all of us.

Comment

Any good news on this RobH22? Same problem with 3dconnection space mouse for me. Camera/perspective switching and flashing navigation buttons in the lower right corner. Think I first noticed this after installing max 2021, but cannot say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tehamnes View Post
                  Any good news on this RobH22? Same problem with 3dconnection space mouse for me. Camera/perspective switching and flashing navigation buttons in the lower right corner. Think I first noticed this after installing max 2021, but cannot say for sure.
                  Reach out to 3dconnexion. They were responsive and helpful. They said they had identified the problem and are working on it. I hope they release a fix soon. I just checked their site and it's still 10.7.1. All I can say is that it's apparently not a Chaos Group or NVidia issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X