Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new vray 47 - DR not working ???

Hi.

I have just found out that 1.47.03 version has a big problem with network rendering. It sees no other PC in the network. Had to switch back to 1.46.15.

Is that a known prob. also?

I can`t post the scene cause I`m in the middle of a battle right now .

---
    aRti
    http://miroslawski.net

Are you talking about DR or network rendering?
    Best Regards,
    Tisho

Comment

Not sure, what You Are doing wrong...

I did a 5000x height render just last night... with a DR... it worked just FINE for me...
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Have you upgraded all your pc with the current 1.47.03 ver of VRay - sounds stupid but sometimes you may forget.
        Best Regards,
        Tisho

Comment

Originally posted by TishoChaos
          Have you upgraded all your pc with the current 1.47.03 ver of VRay - sounds stupid but sometimes you may forget.
          Yes, Distributed Rendering started freaking out after I`ve upgraded all PCs with 1.47.03.

Comment

Generally, it should work - we didn't change anything crucial in DR. I it working now with 1.47.03? Maybe it was a problem coming from the network or antivirus software? Firewalls?
            Best Regards,
            Tisho

Comment

Originally posted by TishoChaos
              Generally, it should work - we didn't change anything crucial in DR. I it working now with 1.47.03? Maybe it was a problem coming from the network or antivirus software? Firewalls?
              Right now I`ve switched back to 1.46.15 cause I have got several renders to finish today, as I say - I couldn`t make 1.47 work.
              I just thougt that maybe it`s a known issue and just I have to change one mysterious switch to make it work .

I`ll investigate more in it on monday, provide you with more information, so you could have a complete image of this situation, thanks for fast response !

Comment

That would be useful, though I think that it is a windows/network/anti-vir related issue.
                Best Regards,
                Tisho

Comment

DR Problems too...

Hi there!

I seem to have some sort of problem too, because I follow all the instructions for installing the server machines and as it tels me to start up the Vrayspawner.exe, a window quicly pops up ad closes and I can't anything with DR as I find out the spawner is not running for some crazy reason...
                  I'm on a p4-3.2ghz-2gb ram-3D Viz 2005 for the clinet and a dual xeon-2.8ghz-2gb ram-3D Viz 2005 for the server, both running winXP Pro.

Cheers!

Aneurisma

Comment

DR not working for me either!

Hi,

My DR is not working either. : (

I am on 1.47.03 and have updated my server machine as well to this version of Vray. The network works fine for transfering files seeing the other computer either way across the network. I have no firewall or virus scanner on my main workstation and disabled the virus scanner/firewall on my laptop.

I have followed all the instructions in the manual.I start a scene rendering with just a sphere and plane, one Vray light and no maps and I receive the message "warning: Render host 192.168.2.2 failed" after starting the render. What have I done wrong? Please help as I really need to get this going for work.

Thanks,

rpc212
                    rpc212
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Hi all,

I guess no one wants to help? So those of us having problems should go back to 1.46.15 because that seems to work for others? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

rpc212
                      rpc212
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Seems to work fine here, with 1.47.03.

Honestly i just tried some test-render, not production... but was ok. I will do more tests this weeked, and will let you know what happens!

Regards,
                        Marco
                        Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
                        Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

Hi,

read this post

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=11963

For me this solve all the DR problem
                          hope that help

Comment

Working...