Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray material Library Browser - Previews are Incorrect when Real World Scale is being Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray material Library Browser - Previews are Incorrect when Real World Scale is being Used

I'm making great use of the fantastic ability to add my materials (collected over many years) to the V-Ray material Library Browser.

However, I'm noticing that materials which have been created with maps set to use "Real World Scale" for the UVs, don't Preview Correctly in said browser.

They look correct everywhere else, except in the V-Ray material Library Browser.

Please can this be fixed ?

Many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Real World Scale - Previews Incorrect.JPG
Views:	1353
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	1109659

Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

This is now fixed for most maps (all of V-Ray's, including OSL, all of Max's, including OSL), the change available in the next hotfix in a few days' time.

As it can't quite be done procedurally (there's a max standard for the option's location and name. and then there's the real world...), i'd be keen to hear what other maps with real world scale capabilities are being used.

If i'll get replies in the next few days, i may include the fixes before the hotfix release, if not, i'll continue to research the subject and add what i find at a slightly more leisurely pace.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
    X