VRayUVWRandomizer Stochastic Tiling broken in VRay update 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayUVWRandomizer Stochastic Tiling broken in VRay update 1.1

I recently updated my 3ds Max VRay to the latest version (V-Ray 5, update 1.1,. 5.10.01 build 00002).

Now all my scenes with VRayUVWRandomizer Stochastic Tiling are showing black textures and materials in the viewport and material editor.
    I wanted to investigate this further so I created a new blank scene and added a material for testing. The result is the same.

Any texture map with Stochastic Tiling is showing black/darker in the viewport and renders much much slower than previous VRay versions.

The render is okay, but in the viewport all the materials being black is difficult to work with. I tried the following already:
    • Changing every available viewport option
    • Changing every available material option
    • Changing every available VRayUVW Randomizer parameters
    Nothing fixes this except turning off Stochastic Tiling...

This image example below shows the effect of activating Stochastic Tiling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Materials.png
Views:	570
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	1110380

In the viewport the material now looks much darker and in my other scenes it is black.

Name:	Viewport.png
Views:	597
Size:	704.6 KB
ID:	1110381

The render seems okay, but is much slower.. Building the light cache in my other scenes is now much longer.

Name:	Render.png
Views:	585
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	1110382

Here is a link to this basic scene. Please, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated as this feature is used in many our archviz scenes.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rHO...ew?usp=sharing

Noticed this as well. Makes it harder to work with the viewport. I don't believe this was an issue prior to the latest update.

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the report. The viewport and the ME issue is already fixed for the upcoming Hoftix2 (very soon) but in my tests I didn't see a render slow-down when comparing 5 to 5.1. If you have a scene that has this problem please send it over.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

matanov Unfortunately I cannot send you my work files where I experienced the slow down. But the only way I was able to get my renders back to normal performance was to do the following:

1). Revert back to VRay 5 hotfix 2
        2). Merge affected scenes into a blank new scene
        3). Delete old Render Elements and create new ones

After doing this I immediately saw an improvement in performance and my UVWRandomizer works in v5 hotfix 2. I hope this solution helps others experiencing this issue.
        Looking forward to the new fix.

Comment

Hotfix 2 is out.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X