Animation Light Cache "pulses"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Light Cache "pulses"

First time using Vray 5 on an animation, and I setup the GI to use BF/LC with the light cache set to "animation." I'm getting flickers or pulses in the animation. I tried upping the subdivs and retrace values to 5000 and 10, but still the same thing. The only way I was able to get it to stop was change the GI mode to brute force/brute force, but that increased the render time substantially. Any thoughts?

thanks!
    Chad

Hi Chad,

Is it possible to strip down the scene with this issue reproducible so we can have a look? You can forward it through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread (or my name) in the email. Thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

You can check for bad geo (coplanar faces, thinly gapped geometry, and so on), and for lights in wrong places (f.e. an area light exactly coplanar with some geometric face).
      If those fail to come up with some obvious issue and solution, then try and lower shadow bias a bit (add a 0 after the decimal place to what is there. f.e. 0.02 to 0.002).
      Also, you could do worse than run a v-ray scene conversion, which would convert incompatible materials and maps (if any.) to proper ones.

If nothing of the above works, then by any means send a scene (or part thereof) to support and they'll check it for you.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        You can check for bad geo (coplanar faces, thinly gapped geometry, and so on), and for lights in wrong places (f.e. an area light exactly coplanar with some geometric face).
        If those fail to come up with some obvious issue and solution, then try and lower shadow bias a bit (add a 0 after the decimal place to what is there. f.e. 0.02 to 0.002).
        Also, you could do worse than run a v-ray scene conversion, which would convert incompatible materials and maps (if any.) to proper ones.

If nothing of the above works, then by any means send a scene (or part thereof) to support and they'll check it for you.
        It must have been conflicting geometry that I couldn't find (someone else created the model). I'm rendering another animation right now and the light cache part of it seems to be working ok.

Comment

Working...
        X