X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene bugs?

hi
    3ds max 2020 + vray 5.10.3 exporting and rendering to standalone
    noise map renders diffrently (i think its converted to vraynoisetex which looks different)
    forestpack material tint (forest color) works only from map mode (override checked), but not from forestpack object

also
    with standalone render it renders faster with less noise (good but why) but blue noise option makes 'bad' pixels more apparent

also when rendering via vrscene exporter: noise[on] in bitmap map looks different and in vraybitmap its not working at all

Comment

1. Regarding the noise texture, it is normal. To match the native 3ds max rendering to the Standalone one, use the VRayPluginNodeTex (TexNoise).
      2. Regarding the material tint, there is something going on. I'll investigate and report back.
      3. Max native's Bitmap renders differently analogically to the native Noise texture.
      Indeed, the VRayBitmap's Noise does not work in Standalone. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11070) for developer analysis.
      4. Could you send the sample scene so we can take a look at the Blue noise issue?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Could you clarify how exactly are you using the ForestColor map? On a forest pack object or as a map in another setup (with no FP involved)?

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Could you clarify how exactly are you using the ForestColor map? On a forest pack object or as a map in another setup (with no FP involved)?
          With Forestpack object.
          As for 'blue noise' I dont have a scene, but I think i nailed it. Its HDR exr map in environemnt map slot (or in vray GI env map) (resolution 128x128 up to 8k, doesnt matter) that produces alot of bright pixels. Putting it in light dome fixes it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the Forest Color Tint, the behavior is expected, the tint works in Standalone from the Forest Color map only.
            As for the Blue Noise, I don't seem to get much of a render time difference nor bright pixels (with an HDRI as GI) on a simple scene. If you don't mind, do send the scene via the contact form so we can investigate. Mention me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.

Comment

Working...
            X