Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 5.1.2. BAKE to texture and DR

Hello there.
    I'm baking textures with the new approach "bake to texture" recommended by your support in a different thread here using DR. This works quite well actually, BUT.

The rendering progress and estimated time dialogue (which is very handy) does not show up. The only info about the rendering progress and estimated time is at the bottom edge of the vray framebuffer. The big issue is - and this is really annoying, I mean MUCHO ANOYING - there is no way to add a slave after the connection got lost for what ever reason, like it is in the dialogue mentioned before.

What am I missing here?

Kind regards
    Attached Files

Hello,

Sorry that we can't really help you here but Both Render to Texture and Bake to Texture are features of 3ds Max that call the current renderer (whichever it is) to do the actual rendering. Showing the progress window for BTT or the problems you had with the RTT are things that 3ds Max does and not the renderer.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

But if you would be kind, you could include the DR settings control to the vray frame buffer though? Like you did into the render setup and render progress dialogue? So we would not have to poke the adesk mammoth from its sleep all the time? And vray DR and its setup is a feature of Max? How come?

Comment

Yep we could probably add some DR settings to the frame buffer at some point.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
        X