X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 Sun+Sky+Portals VS Sun+Dome with sky

Hi,
    Here's few issues i have encountered.

1.When using Sun+Sky+Portals ipr is different form production which is annoying but can be tolerated. (In this case no artifacts)

Tried different approach on second option

2. When using Sun+Dome with sky ipr is same as production but same setup causes artifacts on single machine no missing maps or any other issues. Bucket size 48 tried 128 makes no difference. (Image with artifacts attached)

All settings are out of the box just set Lightcache to Animation and sampler to bucket. Rest not changed.

All render on cpu not gpu. On both variants i used high values of sky 30-100 intensity to bring more natural light from outside. Sky linked to sun.

Any ideas or a different approach to achieve better daylight in interiors ?
    Attached Files

With V-Ray 5 you don't need to use portals anymore, the Adaptive dome will take care of it. Is this the latest VRay 5 update? Would it be possible to send a stripped version (2nd approach) of the scene for investigation?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have sent scene via support link you provided. Waiting for your feedback. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ericmao View Post
        Any ideas or a different approach to achieve better daylight in interiors ?
        default sun/sky in adaptive dome, exposure in camera to get as much light as you need, rest is taken care of by default tone mapping (filmic).
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Working...
        X