Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Materials used in the Vray Material Library do not relink when moving between machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials used in the Vray Material Library do not relink when moving between machines

Hello I have been working with the V-ray Material Library and unfortunately I have been having issues with doing renders through farm or even opening on another machine (which has the material library installed). The materials just don't relink (using Colinscript relink) and resource collector in max does not collect the bitmaps. I understand these are all .mat files but is there something I am missing. I would hate to not use these they are great quick textures but they are really wrecking my render pipeline with them not linking correctly.

Have you set the V-Ray Material Browser folder in the External files (Customize>Configure User Paths>External Files) on the second machine?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I still contend that the proper place for these shared files of the material library to be installed by default is in the C:\Users\Public\ directory, not the C:\Users\<username>\

This folder is specifically for shared resources, and would be common across all machines. As it is now the installer puts it under the username. So if different machines have different usernames it break things, and you have to setup extra paths manually, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X