No announcement yet.

Visible to camera property not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visible to camera property not working!

Hallo
    i have to render a scene in different layers to be more flexible in postproduction. but when i render for example only the environment of the scene and set the the "visible to camera" property to off for the rest in rendering there are artifacts of these parts.

Seems like the selfshadows of the "hidden" parts are still rendering.

Regards h.Kroeber

That's what is supposed to happen. The object is still visible to the rest of the scene and to GI, just not to the camera. You want to uncheck renderable insted, or just hide the objects and layers you don't want to render.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by egz
      That's what is supposed to happen. The object is still visible to the rest of the scene and to GI, just not to the camera. You want to uncheck renderable insted, or just hide the objects and layers you don't want to render.
      you missunderstood me. the object should cast shadows. but there own shadows (on the invisible objects) are visible too..

Regards..

Comment

Originally posted by egz
        to make my problem clear here is an image:

regards

Comment

I'm unable to reproduce that here, everything seems to render as expected.

Could you post an image or a scene?
          What kind of lights and shadows are you using?

Comment

wow, that really looks weird! What kind of materials do you have on the objects that render black?

Comment

Originally posted by egz
              wow, that really looks weird! What kind of materials do you have on the objects that render black?
              i use standard materials and vrayMaterials.. the scene is lighted with to omnis and one directlight with a vrayshadow.

by the way: in every vraymat i use i have to check "reflect on backside" because not all normals are right.

Regards...

PS: its not possible to post the scene because of customer restrictions

Comment

You can try to increase the transparency threshold in the Global switches rollout, and increase the secondary rays bias to a small positive value.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                  You can try to increase the transparency threshold in the Global switches rollout, and increase the secondary rays bias to a small positive value.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  thanks for the hint. the problem was my max transp. level value .. to decrease rendertimes i have set it to 10. after setting it to 25 all is correct
                  again.

Regards H.Kroeber

Comment

Working...
                  X