Clear All

• IPR generally not workable!

I am having a lot of crashes with IPR

One very consistent:

- new scene
    - make plane
    - make sphere
    - apply VRayMtl to both
    - put VRayBitmap in Reflection/Refraction Environment slot (in Render Setup)
    - put a HDR-image in VRayBitmap
    - Start IPR

-> Unhandled Exception
    -> Crash

I generally have a lot of issues and crashes with VRay5 (Max2020, all latest drivers) since I started using it some weeks ago. I really love the new features and speed, but I am working on some huge projects and am losing a lot of time. So starting to think about moving back to v3.7 (where I am coming from)

I started a ticket for an issue last Tuesday but still have not heard anything. In the meantime I got the project delivered. So wondering what is the fastest way to get things solved....if any!? All issues I have are tested on most basic scenes (so not on the heavy scenes), to see if errors are VRay-related.But most issues are not consistent.

Doesn't seem to crash on my end. Is this happening on a specific workstation? Try disabling all other plugins and see if that makes any difference. Also, try resetting your 3ds max to its default settings.
    If the crash persists, do send the 'vray.dmp' located in the temp folder (%temp%) either here or via the contact form.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Aleksandar,

I was afraid for that solution and that this bug is related to my config. Of course with current workload this is not possible, so I will be doing the projects in v3.7, which saves me both headaches AND time. It just will take too much time to make an empty setup and try out each and every plugin to see which one is causing this, while I still need that plugin for these jobs!

Thanks

Comment

This is the error I get!

Comment

According to this tread with a similar error message, updating Multiscatter resolves it. You may give it a try.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Wish it helped. Generally all plugins are uptodate. Also that error assumes the scene has an instance of MultiScatter somewhere. Note that my crash is on an almost empty scene, and crashes ONLY when there is a HDR in the reflection and/or refraction environment slot and then trying IPR. I tried HDR's from different providers in different resolutions, they all crash.
            Putting HDR's in the background environment or in a VRay dome light does not result in a crash.

Comment

Hello,

As Aleksandar suggested - after a crash happens there should be a crash dump in your temp folder. It should be called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp - if you send such dump it might show some hints.

Best regards,
              Yavor
              Yavor Rubenov
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
              X