Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render with vertical lines

Hi everyone.
    I just bought the vray collection for compatibility with phoenix FD.
    I've been a fstorm user because of my machine configuration, I tried corona as well, but I decided for vray....
    I'm having an issue with the render, that being new(many years I don't use it, and when I was using it I was on C4D), basically the render is giving vertical lines and I don't know what is causing it.
    I tried to remove displacement and bump, then eventually with a material override.
    Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve it/what is causing it?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Trying to give as much information as possible, I'm keeping testing.
    Problem is either progressive or bucket mode, but when I am using IPR problem is not there and I don't see that artifacts.
    I hope I'll find it soon or laterclicking everything

Comment

Seems to be that the mesh edges are visible; try subdividing the geometry and see if that is the case. Do send the simplified scene (or attach it here) via the contact form so we can take a look. Address it to me in the subject and mention this thread in the message.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,
        Thanks for your reply.
        I'd exclude the geometry problem, for few reasons:
        -geometry it should be pretty neat(see attached)
        -I have that problem only with the final render, IPR looks fine i=even if I move closer.

I kept playing a bit trying to find out the problem, eventually, I copied everything in a new scene, and seems to work in the new scene.

Could be related to some conflict caused by the old setup made with corona? even if I used the scene converted?
        I simplified the scene, attached also a reference of my result, just in case.

Link is a dropbox transfer, it will last for a week, if more time is needed after that I will resend it, just let me know
        https://www.dropbox.com/t/urIAoCc45mTr3uzB

Thanks for helping out,
        Lorenzo
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the provided scene. The issue occurs because of the two overlapping VRayLights (CoronaLight001 and VRayLight001), one of which has Cast Shadows disabled and it seems to affect only Production rendering on CPU. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11197) for further investigation. Moving one of the lights seems to resolve the issue.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,
            Silly me!
            So switching off the object light is not enough, has to be off in the setting as well.
            Sorry, coming from other software where this wasn't necessary, I'll keep more attention in the future.
            Thanks for helping

Comment

Working...
            X