Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substance2 material, Substance to V-Ray, 3dsMax 2022

Hi,

Any idea why 3ds Max hangs for minutes on end (gets there eventually) whenever I create a Substance 2 material, run the Substance to V-Ray script and apply the V-Ray Mtl to an object in the viewport. It's fine up until the point of applying to an object. At this point everything freezes for a minute or 2. Viewport is set to standard and textures limited to 512. Tried many SBSAR files and always get the same issue. Unwrapping also causes a long hang/delay.

Cheers!

Running:
    3dsMax 2022 (most up to date update as of June 2021)
    V-Ray 5 (most up to date update as of June 2021)
    Threadripper 3970x
    RTX 3070

Does not seem to happen on my end. For starters try updating the Substance plugin itself and see if that makes any difference.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. Still not figured out why it's an issue for me but discovered that Substance to Physical Material does the trick so will just use this instead. Pretty sure the Substance plugin for 2022 is up to date BTW. No updates available on Adobe's website.

Comment

Using Substances in Max 2022 brings Max to its knees on my machine. I can get away with one but two, three or more and Max is unusable. Everything is updated.

System:
        3ds Max 2022 (3D Studio thru Max 2022), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Master Motherboard,
        Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram,
        Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives
        NVidia RTX 2080 Ti, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 10, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
        Last edited by RobH22; 13-11-2021, 06:33 PM.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
        -----------------------------------------
        Autodesk Expert Elite Member
        ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by RobH22 View Post
          Using Substances in Max 2022 brings Max to its knees on my machine. I can get away with one but two, three or more and Max is unusable. Everything is updated.

System:
          3ds Max 2022 (3D Studio thru Max 2022), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Master Motherboard,
          Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram,
          Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives
          NVidia RTX 2080 Ti, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 10, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
          Have you updated your 3ds Max to the latest update? Does this happen with another render engine?
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? Substance in 3DS Max 2022 with Arnold renderer is also slow. Unbelievably slow. I've posted on Arnold Autodesk as test and log that confirms this, but it hasn't been resolved. Someone has forwarded to MaxToA people but it seems to not be an Arnold issue or Vray issue. Also 2023 Max. So this has gone neglected for a while now and no one seems to care.

Comment

Working...
            X