Comparing LUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing LUT

Hello. I do a comparison between Photoshop and VFB and get two different results. In one I open a JPG file in Photoshop and implement LUT FILE and in the other I open the same JPG file in VFB and implement the same LUT file and the results are completely different. Is there an explanation for this? Attached is the comparison.
    Attached Files

Disable the "Convert to sRGB Space first" option and the results should be identical. Usually, these options are utilized for specifically set LUT files.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks I will try

Comment

this will not work. you can sandwich lut layer in between two gamma layers (vfb has 2.2 display correction on top). this should get you pretty close.

or use 32bit mode in ps to get the same result as vfb with a lut.

ideally - save linear version of this lut to use in vfb (reverse 2.2 > lut > 2.2) should be doable in ps.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

last option - tick convert to srgb space first on and set display correction to none. save with gamma 1. this is also fairly close (srgb/2.2 difference)
          Marcin Piotrowski
          youtube

Comment

Thanks Piortus 3333 .Its look complicated is there way to find LUT file that are suitable without special effort? if i remember Corona have

Comment

Corona Image Editor applies 2.2 (or srgb) automatically with every lut file so the effect is the same as 8/16 bit mode in PS.
              Marcin Piotrowski
              youtube

Comment

Working...
              X