Shift-Dragging lights crashes IPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift-Dragging lights crashes IPR

This happens quite regularly for me and maybe as often as every 5th light created will crash max. Sometimes I get a backup-saved type of crash, sometimes it's just a hard crash to desktop.
    I can't give you my current scene as it's massive but I don't feel like this is a scene-specific thing anyway. Just wanted to bring it up...

Max 2021.3 and Vray 5 update 1.3

edit: actually creating a light as normal crashes max during IPR also.
    Last edited by Pixelcon; 12-07-2021, 06:33 AM.
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Hey Pixelcon,

Cannot seem to make it crash on a simple scene, see the attached recording.
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...2_17-07-13.mp4

A scene would be best, I'm afraid. If you could strip it down a bit and forward it through our contact form, it would be great. It might be a combination of things causing this, so we need to troubleshoot. Make sure to mention this thread in the email, thanks!
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I'll see what I can do but I have a feeling as I strip the scene down, the crashing will stop. Stability on a simple scene is great, but I never work on simple scenes

Comment

True, you can send the full version as well in case you can't reproduce the crash on a stripped one. We'll have a look and see what might be causing this. Much appreciated!
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Well I'm having a lot of trouble isolating it. As far as I can tell it's not a specific object that is causing it, but as I unhide layers the scene becomes unstable and crashes when copying lights. If I start IPR and shift-move the light (select $VRayLight002) in the top viewport I almost always get a crash.
          Scene is uploading now.

Comment

Working...
          X