IPR sometimes crashing when doing stuff with light selects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR sometimes crashing when doing stuff with light selects

I get a crash sometimes when I either make a new light select, or start adding or removing lights from light selects. I'm in 5.10.20. Maya 2018.7 on Linux.

Is there a list of common operations that are either safe to do while IPR is running, or unsafe to do while IPR is running? In the past I've always been cautious, and only leaving it running while moving around or adjusting existing lights, or while adjusting shaders. But I'm starting to leave it running more often now.
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

I have seen this too. Especially when cloning lights. However, I have never been able to *reliably* reproduce it. I suppose I will have to do like 45 mins worth of work without saving to get it to crash.

Comment

Hi guys,

If you could send us scenes/screen recordings so we can check the steps to replicate the crash, it would help us a great deal. Once you encounter such an issue, do not hesitate to get in touch. Thanks!
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta!

As Joelaff mentioned, it doesn't seem to be a reliably re-producable crash, so it's been a bit difficult to pin point a scene that will crash on command. I would create a simple scene with a sphere and a light, run IPR and just start duplicating, deleting and creating lights, as well as creating new light selects or switching which lights are in which light selects. I've not found any particular scene that was more or less susceptible to this.

If you would like me to provide a scene with a sphere and a few lights in there, I can do this
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

I was not using light selects when I experienced the issue…

Comment

Working...
          X