Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vraylight in front of camera + stochastic opacity produces different render & element results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraylight in front of camera + stochastic opacity produces different render & element results

3dsMax 2020 + Vray 5.10.02

The issue occurs when a Vraylight is in front of the camera, and invisible. And on the other side of the Vraylight there is an object that has an opacity map in the material. The rendered result, including RGB and elements, will appear differently inside the area of the Vraylight vs. outside. I've found that it's the stochastic opacity mode that's causing this. Using normal mode corrects the problem. See below for some screenshots. Camera viewport is on top, followed by AO element, multimatte, and RGB.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Hi timmatron,

I can't seem to get any differences when rendering a generic V-Ray material with opacity map and an invisible V-Ray light in front of the camera. Would it be possible to forward us a sample with this reproducible so we can have a look? It might be something else we're missing out. Please also mention this thread in the email, thanks.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

I couldn't reproduce it from a fresh test scene either. But I just sent a test scene that you can see it in, and notes. Thanks!
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hey Tim,

Is it possible to give us the ticket number as I can't seem to be able to find anything in our system from you? You should've received an email confirmation with it. Thanks!
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,

Sorry, got caught up on a deadline. I guess my first support request never properly went through so I just re-submitted it. The ticket is 349-134-5483. Thanks!
          Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

Working...
          X