Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long list of missing vray properties

Hello,

The company I work for uses Vray and Corona. Whenever I convert a scene from Vray to Corona. I get a huge list of missing Vray properties when I right click in the viewport. How can I remove this list? Thanks for any help.

-Brandon
    Attached Files

Hey Brandon,

Is it possible to confirm the exact V-Ray/Corona and 3ds max versions used? I've tested using the Corona converter with a couple of scenes, but I am not getting such issues after the conversions is completed. Have you tried resetting the UI to see if that fixes things?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	850
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1120337
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

That looks like multiple vray menus were registered, but not unregistered properly.
      Hard to see why a scene converter would do this: it works on the scene, not on Max's settings.

Would you be so kind as to share a bit more of your conversion process, along with some before and after screenshots, and ideally the output in the listener (if any!) of the converter?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hey sorry for the late reply guys. pretty hectic week.I'm using Max 2022 and here us a screenshot of my version of Vray. I'm actually using Vray today and I still have that list of missing components. Converter has not been used in this scene.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	1120574
        -B

Comment

So it seems to be only a Max 2022 issue. I opened Max 2021 and everything seems fine.

Comment

As nikoleta.garkova was mentioning, it's likely a Max configuration issue.
            You can manually remove the invalid entries by going to
            Code:
            Customize Menu -> Customize User Interface -> Quads tab
            And proceed to remove the entries fom the tab.
            Once all the V-Ray entries are removed, you should be able to have them back by running the penultimate icon on the V-Ray toolbar ("V-Ray menu registration" is shown on mouse roll-over).

Attached Files
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

That worked! Thanks so much for the help!

Comment

Well it cam back again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and its still here. Any more suggestions?
                Attached Files

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing it.
                  Normal install and uninstall take care of that just fine (and i do install and uninstall *very* frequently.).
                  Could it be some user rights, or the interplay with some other plugin?
                  Anything else that you could share on the setup, possibly relevant to this issue?
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Could it be that Im using an older version of Vray for max 2021 and the one that's failing is the newer version of Vray for max 2022? The reason we haven't updated max 2021 yet is, trying to get our IT guy to update it across the nodes is like pulling teeth. He basically does crap when he feels like it. I also thought it might be a max issue cause now im getting the same problem with Rail Clone. So I just uninstalled Max 2022 and im going to try and reinstall it.

Comment

Working...
                    X