Ghost image when using IPR, Real Zoom and Nvidia Denoiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost image when using IPR, Real Zoom and Nvidia Denoiser

When I use Real Zoom and Nvidia Denoiser during IPR rendering, I often get a ghost image after I stop the rendering. If I turn off the Denoiser layer in VFB, the ghost image disappears.

See screenshot below. Vray version is the one in my signature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vray_ghost_image_with_IPR_real_zoom_nvidia_denoiser.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	1120643
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Rendersetup->Settings->System->previous Render: clear...?
    I dont know how the denoiser play here a role, but the left side seems to me something like that, I was having once as well.

Comment

Hey Alex,

Can't seem to reproduce it with the same build, is it happening on a specific scene? Can you send it via our contact form so we can check it over?
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Hi, Nikoleta,

This has happened several times now in different scenes so I don't think it's scene related. If it helps, I think this started happening very recently. Maybe the past month or two at most. It's not something I remember happen longer ago. It's not a major issue for me personally, but I thought I should report it.

I've just sent you a bug report containing the download link for the scene. The ticket number is 349-015-0019.
        Thanks!
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Hey Alex,

Thanks for providing the scene. I've found out that it's caused when the IPR image is denoised. If you then zoom in/out for example and don't wait for the denoiser to re-calculate, the ghost image of the latest denoised one will appear on top of everything. If you then turn the denoiser layer off, you'll see the correct result. This will also be influenced by the Post effects rate, so maybe keeping it at 0 is another workaround for now.

I've found out that this is fixed in the latest internal nightlies so hopefully it will soon appear in the stable builds as well.
          Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing this info, Nikoleta. I'll try Post effect rate 0 until the fix makes it into the new official update.

Comment

Working...
            X