Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray material library on network?

Hi there,

How do we link all Vray 5 mat library textures to a network location?
    I am surprised this is not an easy option as in 2021 it should be straightforward to think people use networks in a working environment?

Our renderfarm will not be able to read all these textures.

Thanks

Adding the V-Ray Material Library network path to the "External Files" (Customize>Configure Project Paths>External Files) should do the trick.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Adding the V-Ray Material Library network path to the "External Files" (Customize>Configure Project Paths>External Files) should do the trick.
      Hi Aleksandar,

I can't even understand which path I should assign?

From asset tracking the only display "\assets\Bricks" and If i locate the texture on the server it doesn't show up?

Comment

The shown paths are relative, hence the incomplete file path. You should add the path preceding "\assets\Bricks" - i.e. "\\<servername>\V-Ray Material Library".
        Make sure the material library is correctly installed. If it isn't, re-download it via the "mtllib.exe", located in the bin folder of the V-Ray installation (C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3ds Max 2021\bin or here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VRay3ds Max2022\bin).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X