Blown-up VRaylog file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown-up VRaylog file

I've been having problems with my render farm. Just about everyday I have to jump onto every machine and delete the VRaylog file because it's 50,60,80,100 MB!! My HDD's are filling up and can't take jobs anymore. What might be causing this? It never happened until I ran one of our latest projects. Could it be something with that particular max file?

Do you have more diskspace on other drives on the machines? You can change the path of the VRay logfile in the system rollout.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

You can disable the log file by clearing the edit box with its name in the VRay System rollout.

Other than that, if you have many warnings or many objects during rendering, the file can become quite large.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Actually each PC in the farm has an 80 gig HDD and all of them have been filled by the log file. I think I will go in and disable the log file so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Thats guys!

Comment

are you saying the in 1 render the log file will get to be big enough to fill an 80gb drive? somethings not right with that

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I think I just reproduced this one. I built a really ugly mesh in plantstudio and applied some mtls and uvw's, a bunch of instances, must of messed them up because during the light cache phase it started throwing UVW warnings in the vray window. Even after I killed the render it continued, growing the log file at a Meg every few seconds until I killed the process.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Working...
            X