Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug 07. Vray 1.47.03. VFB not save separate Gbuffer channel

MAX 7+sp1.
    If i render in Vray VFB whit separate channel - Z, coverage, velosity, render id - this channels NOT saved.

I can see this channel in VFB. I can't save this to file. File is a black.

If i render to RPF - all ok.
    I very want use VFB. Whats a problem????

These channels are not saved, because there is no standard RGB format that allows them. The only way to save those channels would be to save to a .rpf or .rla file from the standard 3dsmax VFB.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado you not right

Combustion 4 have operator - G bufer builder.
      This operator have channels - velocity, z buffer, coverage ...This channels can load as RGB files...

Comment

i assume if you use a color wheel to determine distance a pixel will travel and direction it will travel in. so if a pixel is a certain color it means its going in whatever direction that pixel would be in if it was on a color wheel. and by its saturation it would show how far it would move (this is just me best guess)

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

@HCafe : beware...Vlado knows what he´s talking about :P i assume what he meant is that the vray gbuffer channels are not limited to rgb image-depth. just take a look at the z-buffer...it reflects true scene-depth if i recall right....wich is floating point accurate...hence wont save to a standard image...would have to be either clamped or scaled (and henced reduced accuracy)...
          Correct me if i´m wrong here hehehe

Besides as Vlado noted already if you save it from a standard vfb to rla/rpf you can of course use them in combustion...but give it a try...it´s in-accurate as hell and in most cases it´s not antialiased so it´s a b*%§/ to use :P

As of how to store velocity, it´s just rgb = xyz defining the direction and speed... :P

Thorsten

Comment

Working...
          X