Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayUVWRandomizer - U Scale % not working

Hello everyone,
    I recently finally updated to the latest version of Vray. I noticed all my scene files that have the uscale changed now are broken in terms of scale, that whole setting is being ignored. I changed nothing, checked several files that have this value changed and all are now inaccurate. This is a huge issue since consistency is critical for my clients and I depend on this value for tiling.

Anybody else have this issue or know a solution to this problem?

Hey RedStar,

Can you let us know which version was used when the scenes were made initially?

Testing with V-Ray 5.00.03 and comparing the results with V-Ray 5.10.03 they seemed to render exactly the same, with the correct U scale % value.

When you change the values now, are those changes reflected when rendering? Is it possible to send us a scene made with the previous version which we could check in our environment as well - you can either attach it here or forward it through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the subject.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
      Hey RedStar,

Can you let us know which version was used when the scenes were made initially?

Testing with V-Ray 5.00.03 and comparing the results with V-Ray 5.10.03 they seemed to render exactly the same, with the correct U scale % value.

When you change the values now, are those changes reflected when rendering? Is it possible to send us a scene made with the previous version which we could check in our environment as well - you can either attach it here or forward it through our contact form, just make sure to mention this thread in the subject.
      Hello Nikoleta,
      I thought it would be easier for me to share a quick video of my issue. After you mentioned it is working on your end and I did some tests, turns out now you have to choose a checkbox option for randomize for it to work, in the past this was not necessary and it all worked perfectly fine without that.

Link to video below to share my issue

https://youtu.be/zQNZtPV4NKs

Comment

Ah, I see - I actually had one of the Randomize options enabled in the first place. What you are describing has been done by design - if no randomization mode is selected (i.e. the checkboxes are empty), there will be no UV transformations, regardless of the Variance and UV rotation values. This is described in our docs page as well, and should be kept in mind in the future.

Unfortunately, it looks like this was not the case with some of our earlier builds, which is causing the issue in your situation.

However, I believe there is a way to workaround this - as you mentioned in the recording, selecting any of the Randomize options will get you the desired scale value. Depending on your scene setup, you can select an option that wouldn't affect any of the objects/IDs set. What if you then play with the UV rotation degree option to match the direction from your original scenes - does that produce satisfactory results?

You could also send us one of your scenes so we can properly check for a way to optimize them, if that suits you. Apologies for the inconvenience!
        Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 17-08-2021, 12:26 PM.
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by nikoleta.garkova View Post
          Ah, I see - I actually had one of the Randomize options enabled in the first place. What you are describing has been done by design - if no randomization mode is selected (i.e. the checkboxes are empty), there will be no UV transformations, regardless of the Variance and UV rotation values. This is described in our docs page as well, and should be kept in mind in the future.

Unfortunately, it looks like this was not the case with some of our earlier builds, which is causing the issue in your situation.

However, I believe there is a way to workaround this - as you mentioned in the recording, selecting any of the Randomize options will get you the desired scale value. Depending on your scene setup, you can select an option that wouldn't affect any of the objects/IDs set. What if you then play with the UV rotation degree option to match the direction from your original scenes - does that produce satisfactory results?

You could also send us one of your scenes so we can properly check for a way to optimize them, if that suits you. Apologies for the inconvenience!
          Thank you Nikoleta,
          When I was doing the test it certainly made 100% sense why and how it was working, also makes sense that in the early version it was a error overlooked instead of an error created later lol.
          Thank you for your time!

Comment

Working...
          X