Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple triplanar bumps on one object

Hi,
    I found some strange behaviour if you use multiple triplanar mappings in bump slot. Its a bug or some strange limitation? If these triplanars have different size parameter they cant work together.
    See the attached images. I hope is understandable. If you change the size of Map #4
    triplanar it will also affect size of Map #2 triplanar and then the bump on the spehe will be incorect.
    Attached Files

Seems to work fine on my end; even the screenshot seems to produce different sized Bump/Diffuse results (different triplanar sizes). Is this the issue or I'm misunderstanding?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

As i say if you change the size of Map #4 triplanar to 200 it will also affect size of Map #2 triplanar which should stay 100 but it behaves as it was 200. Bump of the "worms" should look like on right image on both images. But the the left image is wrong because even the size should be same (100) its not.

Comment

I think I found out what you mean, it seems to stem from the VRayNormalMap, which takes the mapping only from the Normal slot when using VRayTriplanarTex-s as mapping sources. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-11356) for developer investigation. As a workaround, using a VRayBumpMtl, in which to plug the Bump mapping separately, should do the trick.

Attached Files
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thats it! Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
          X